G. M. Brinkerhoff was a teacher at Illinois State University, helped organize railway and iron companies in Springfield, and served in city government as comptroller and auditor.
In 1926 the Ursuline Order bought the home and used it as an administration building. In the 1970s Doris Bucari of the Springfield College Board helped to save it from demolition. Today it is available for private events and remains a treasure of historic preservation.
Photographs by Dulany Sriner; see more at his site.